Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:44:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Berlin to Prague
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Berlin to Prague  (Read 5398 times)
dddms

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:18 am »

I will be traveling by train with my two teen aged kids and my husband from berlin to prague later this month. I would like to by tickets in advance and am confused by the price differences between DB Bahn and euro rail (I think that is what they are called).Could someone please explain  the difference and offer suggestions on how best to book the tickets from teh US? Thanks so much
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »

Everything is really simple here - DB Bahn (German railways) is the official company operator, which along with Czech railways run the trains. While 'euro rail' is an agency, which profits from reselling the very same tickets with commission. That is why ticket purchased in any of such agencies will almost always be essentially more expensive then the one you purchase directly from DB.
Thus we advise you not to feed the 'vermin' and buy your tickets directly from DB website, in such case you also can catch cheaper discounted tickets and pay even less.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines