Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:58:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Vienna to Bratislava
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vienna to Bratislava  (Read 6122 times)
Canwill

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 03:25:54 am »

Hi,
On the 30th of April, I intend to travel from Vienna to Bratislava, one way only.
How long does it take by train? What are the ticket prices? Is travelling by bus a better option?
Would making a reservation fetch me a discounted ticket price?
Please guide me.
Thanks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »

First of all, you have two routes via which trains Vienna-Bratislava run, first one via Kittsee to Bratislava-Petrzalka (on the right side of the Danube river) and second - via Marchegg to Bratislava Hl.st. (Bratislava main station). In Vienna both depart from Vienna South station (Wien Südbahnhof). In first case journey to Bratislava-Petrzalka takes 58-60min (depending on departure), while in second (till Bratislava Hl.st) - 1:12-1:15, thus roughly 15 minutes longer. Ticket cost 14 EUR and is valid for both routes. And you can't really buy in advance, but anyway no need to do it, since the fare is the same no matter when you purchase the ticket.

Bus ride take from one hour to hour and a half (depending where you catch the bus in Vienna) and ticket costs much cheaper, one way  start from 6,9 EUR.
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines