Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:34:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Return ticket Budapest - Plavec - Lokoshasa
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Return ticket Budapest - Plavec - Lokoshasa  (Read 10072 times)
rasha

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:01 pm »

Hello,

I found an information that when buying Hungary - Slovakia return tickets there is 60% discount on Hungarian, an 55% discount on Slovakian. I also found out that the departure station needn't to be same. I want to ask how much is the cost of return ticket Budapest Keleti - Plavec (Gr) (via Kosice) and return Plavec (Gr) - Lokoshasa (Gr) (via Hatvan - Szolnok).

Thank you!  :)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 12:27:31 am »

The actual full TCV tariff fare for the ticket Budapest-Cana(gr)-Plavec(gr)-Cana(gr)-Hatvan-Szolnok-Curtici(gr)* is 87 euro, out of those 28 euro for Slovak part (Cana(gr)-Plavec(gr)-Cana(gr) - 55% discount applies), for the rest or Hungrian part - discount is 60%
As result, fare with discount included will be app. 36 euro

*it is not Loekoeshaza(gr), but Curtici(gr) point ;)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »

Thank you for your answer!  :)

I'm just wondering do I qualify for discount, if I buy ticket till Curtici (Gr), because Curtici is border station on Romanian side. And one more question: can I buy ticket with discount like that only in Hungary and Slovakia, or I can buy it somewhere else, for example Wasteels office in Belgrade?
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 12:36:02 pm »

I'm just wondering do I qualify for discount, if I buy ticket till Curtici (Gr), because Curtici is border station on Romanian side.
No, Curtici(gr) is not CFR Curtici station, it is tariff border point between MAV and CFR, so saying formally - it belongs to both countries, like Plavec(gr) for PKP and ZSSK or Cana(gr) for ZSSK and MAV 
And one more question: can I buy ticket with discount like that only in Hungary and Slovakia, or I can buy it somewhere else, for example Wasteels office in Belgrade?
You can save the most only while buying ticket either in Slovakia or Hungary, if you purchase the very same ticket in Belgrade Wasteels office you will get only 30% (or 40% if you are<26 years old) discount on return ticket Hungary-Slovakia (this will be due to special Multilataral Agreement between East European railway companies)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 01:41:28 am »

OK, I get it! Thank you!  :)
rasha

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 01:35:17 am »

Anyway, to make sure, I have to ask you: Is discount between two countries (for example 60% ŽS-MAV) valid only for tickets between stations, or also between border points? For example, do I get 60% discount if I buy return ticket Beograd - Cana (GR), or I have to choose last station in Hungary before the border (Hidasnemeti) to get the 60% discount?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:39:24 am by rasha » Logged
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:42 am »

Problem with gr./fr. is rather tricky. From one side it is the last tariff point for both neighboring countries and taking formally - belongs to a domestic system, but in real life it is not a station, while discounts usually offered only to the stations. Probably one of the reasons - railway companies try to avoid too smart passengers tricking them  ;)
We can't says for sure about MAV and ZS, but in some other similar situations like MAV-ZSSK or ZSSK-CD no discounts offered for the tickets till gr.point.
Anyway, nobody forbids you to recheck and ask ticket counter in Beograd about possibility of Beograd - Cana (GR) with discount.

p.s. but taking into consideration your whole itinerary, our suggestion would be - purchase Beograd-Miskolc r/t, then during stopover in Budapest simply purchase Miskolc-Kosice-Miskolc (same 60% discount, so you'll pay only 6 euro). By such operations you'll avoid gr. problem and have same 60% off on the whole route from Serbia to Kosice. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines