Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:13:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Munich to Prague Train Connections
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Munich to Prague Train Connections  (Read 22424 times)
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:34:32 am »

Hi,

I will be travelling from Munich to Prague on 26th June 2012 along with my spouse. Total 2 Pax.
There was an earlier thread regarding same topic "Munich to Prague" Train Travel and Connecction.

I am willing to purchase the Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket for Group Travel 2 Pax. I know this ticket is valid from Munich Central Station HBF to Plzen. Apart from purchasing the ticket from wending machine in the Station how can I purchase this ticket Online. I am running a tight schedule, so I want to get my tickets done prior. Is it possible Online ? Also I want to take the Ex 355 Albert Einstein Train at 09:01 AM. Is it possible to travel in this train from Munich HBF to Plzen with this Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket.

Also, pls help me where I can purchase tickets for Plzen to Prague part of my Journey. Is it available Online ? If I purcase this ticket, would I be able to continue with the same Ex 355 Albert Einstein Train.

Thx.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:19:13 pm »

Apart from purchasing the ticket from wending machine in the Station how can I purchase this ticket Online.
As of now passengers have only three options how can they obtain Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket (Bayern-Böhmen-Ticket): a) DB ticket machine (in the section of Länder tickets) for 34 euro (up to 5 passengers); b) at the ticket counter (station or travel agency) for 36 euro (2 euro charged for service) and c) ticket by mail for 37,5 euro (3,5 euro is mailing service). Unfortunately you can't buy Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket just online from DB website and print it yourself (as with other Lander tickets).
I want to take the Ex 355 Albert Einstein Train at 09:01 AM.Is it possible to travel in this train from Munich HBF to Plzen with this Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket.
Yes, Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket is valid for ALX trains, so you would have no problems
...where I can purchase tickets for Plzen to Prague part of my Journey. Is it available Online ? If I purcase this ticket, would I be able to continue with the same Ex 355 Albert Einstein Train.
Yes, you can buy online ticket Plzen-Prague. And yes, you can buy for the same ALX/Ex 355 train, so you even won't need to get off train Plzen (meaning show Bavaria-Bohemia Ticket till Plzen and after Plzen show the conductors Czech domestic ticket). You can buy (and print yourself at-home afterwards) Plzen-Prague ticket via Czech Railways eShop, discounted SporoTickets (if bought in advance) start from only 80 CZK per person
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:35 am »

Hi,

Many thanks for the details towards my queries.

AI have a few more. I am travelling from Prague to Vienna. I check Rail Europe Website for Prague Vienna Tickets. The fare over there for June End is aroung 100 Eur, while when I visit the Chez-transport website, thr prices availabe are much lesser for the same trains and schedules. Can you help me what would be the possible reasons and where to buy the tickets from. I prefer online.

Also, if you can suggest some cheap train travels between Vienna and Budapest.

Thanks,
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27:59 pm »

Well, forget about Rail Europe and Czech-transport, both are agencies re-selling tickets with high commission. Do you want to pay the middle man? If not, then just buy your tickets directly from Czech Railways (already mentioned official Czech Railways (CD) eShop), start from only 19 euro per person

...if you can suggest some cheap train travels between Vienna and Budapest.
Again use official website and not any rip-off agency. Via Austrian Railways (OeBB) Ticket Shop you can buy discounted tickets starting from 19 euro. Here you can find our step by step guide on how to buy international tickets from OeBB - http://europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Train-Tickets/Austria-OeBB.html
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 10:18:25 am »

Hi,

Many thanks for your revert. I was actually not awars that the RailEurope is a reseller/agent of these tickets.
I have one quick question, as you suggested to get the tickets from Viena to Budapest through OBB (Austrian Railway), I was checking MAV (Hunguray Raiway), tickets for Vienna to Budapest is available in MAV also, and the cheapest one costing 13 Eur while on OBB Website its 19 Eur. Whats the difference for and it is okay for get the Vienna Budapest Tickets from MAV Website. If possible, will I be able to take a  print out of E-tickets.

Thanks.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:49:52 pm »

...tickets for Vienna to Budapest is available in MAV also, and the cheapest one costing 13 Eur while on OBB Website its 19 Eur. Whats the difference for and it is okay for get the Vienna Budapest Tickets from MAV Website.
The problem here is that MAV discounted tickets (in this case 13 euro Fortuna tickets) aren't a standard e-ticket, meaning you can't print them out yourself and just board the train, instead you need to visit Hungarian train station and print it from MAV ticket machine using 10 digit code you receive after purchase. So in your case you do have a possibility to buy 13 euro ticket Vienna-Budapest from MAV, but you won't be able to print it anywhere else besides Hungary
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 08:28:02 am »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the inside detaisl for the MAV Tickets. I was about to purchase the same being cheaper while buying from OBB.
Thx.
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 03:18:34 pm »

Hi,

Came with some more doubts as I am considering slight change in itinerary.
What would be the cheapets and best way to come from Vienna to Munich. I am looking for train journey.

Kindly assist.

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 01:06:45 pm »

What would be the cheapets and best way to come from Vienna to Munich.
If you sure about date and time you want to travel on, then cheap and fast will be just to buy discounted 29 euro one-way tickets, sold on both OeBB and DB websites. If you don't want to tie yourself to a specific date and train, then you can just use new cheap train operator WestBahn on segment Vienna-Salzburg (tickets can be even bought already on board of a train), while from Salzburg to Munich makes sense to use Bavaria Lander ticket for 29 euro (up to 5 passengers on any regional train), total time Vienna-Salzburg-Munich will be almost the same as with direct trains. Another option which is even cheaper, but unfortunately will take quite longer, is to use Einfach-Raus-Ticket (28 euro, valid for up to 5 people on any regional trains in Austria) from Vienna to Salzburg (train changes will be required and travel time will be at least 5 hours instead of 3 by direct trains) and again Bavaria Lander ticket from Salzburg.
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 07:40:31 am »

Hi,

Many thanks for the advise. I think saving two hrs and taking the comfortable one straight train at a bit increased price will be good.
Thanks,
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 11:45:13 am »

Hi,

Regarding your reply on Vienna to Munich Connections and Price. I am checking westbhan website, single tickets are avaiilable over here for EUR 25. Is this the standard fare. Also would i get the same fare if I purchase on Board.. Is there a cheaper fare.
Also after i reach Slazburg, i would have to buy the EUR 29 Bavaria Lander Ticket from the station, is that correct. Is there a change in train. Where i can get the schedule for Slazburg to Munich.

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »

I am checking westbhan website, single tickets are avaiilable over here for EUR 25. Is this the standard fare. Also would i get the same fare if I purchase on Board.
Yes, it is a standard full fare for WestBahn. And yes, fare is the same when you purchase ticket on board. Here (https://westbahn.at/en/questions-answers-2/faq/all-about-tickets ) you can also find all the answers
Is there a cheaper fare.
Well, yes, if you purchase in advance discounted ticket not for WestBahn, but for state OeBB company train (those start from 19 euro)
Also after i reach Slazburg, i would have to buy the EUR 29 Bavaria Lander Ticket from the station, is that correct.
You can buy it either from DB ticket machine at the station or also online as well.
Is there a change in train.
Since Bavaria Lander tickets are valid only for regional trains, you will need to change, because all the direct trains Vienna-Munich aren't regional, thus Lander ticket is not valid for them.
Where i can get the schedule for Slazburg to Munich.
DB or OeBB websites

And once again remind you, that if you aren't traveling like tomorrow it still might be possible to buy discounted 29 euro tickets for direct journey Vienna-Munich, that can save you hassle with Salzburg and different tickets
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 01:23:12 pm »

Hi,

many thanks for your quick and very useful revert.

Thanks.
SuvajitMandal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 07:35:17 pm »

Hi,

Apologies to bother with silly questions.

I am trying to book tickets from Prague to Vienna on https://www.cd.cz/eshop.
I am willing to take the 08:42 AM train from Prague to Vienna while the website mentioned above only shows trains from 09:42.

While I check the same at www.obb.at, I see trains without any transfer at 08:42 and the price is quite different from that of available in the https://www.cd.cz/eshop.

Kindly assist with my booking.

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

Well, not sure what is the case for you, but it seems that CD eShop doesn't show connections for which discounted tickets are sold out (that is why we always recommend to buy discounted tickets in advance, since before departure there might be no chance to do so). Also it might be that you need to enter a particular station in Vienna, like Wien Simmering or Wien Meidling for EC 75 (dep. Prague at 8:42):
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines