Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:25:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Budapest Vienna
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Budapest Vienna  (Read 5345 times)
karin

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:07:53 pm »

I am not able to get prices let alone book a ticket from Budapest to Vienna on August 9.
For the worst, could I just buy a ticket once I am in Budapest?

What I tried: I went to the MAV webpage, following the Hungary-MAV guide. I am getting only to the point where I choose the date and put in my birth date. After that I press the "Tickets and Prices" button and get: "No offer available for the journey with these conditions. For a list of available offers click here" BUT that leads to a dead end. So how can I find offers and book them.

Thank you for your help, Karin
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »

Karin, nothing to worry about here. It is just that MAV allows to book tickets only 60 days in advance, while for August 9 is out of reach yet. As of now last date for you can book is July 19. So just wait for a few weeks and you won't have any problems purchasing your 13 euro ticket ;)
... could I just buy a ticket once I am in Budapest?
Sure, full fare one-way ticket is around 8000 HUF (app. 27 euro), but if you sure about date and connection, then it makes more sense just to wait until sale for August 9 is open and buy 13 euro ticket instead
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines