Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:29:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Online ticket + reservation with CD Shop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online ticket + reservation with CD Shop  (Read 10423 times)
filu

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:41 pm »

I'm trying to buy an online ticket for the EuroNight Praha-Budapest route. However, for each date (before or after 8 Dec), the system always says that the selected seat is not available:

Vašemu požadavku nebylo možné vyhovět. Neplatný tarif pro daný počet cestujících nebo službu.

Is there any way to buy such an onlin EN ticket with the CD ? (I try to get the ahead promo fare)
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:02:20 pm »

Which date you need and what type (seat, couchette or sleeper)? Just checked a random date in a few days and could easily buy SporoTicket for "Metropol" like this:

Couchette and seats are also available, not always for the cheapest first level fare (19/29 euro), but still not a problem to buy the discounted one
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
filu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Ah thanks, the system works only for tickets from Praha. I've tried from Pardubice and Brno only.

tUt
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:22:52 pm »

CD sells via eShop only SporoTickets for the predefined routes and trains (see under Price List), without option of buying same from the intermediate stations, so if you want to board in Pardubice, but still take advantage of discounted ticket, then just purchase your SporoTicket from Prague, will be a sort of delayed boarding
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
filu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »

Yep I understand, it's just stupid that they don't say it explicitly but show 'no seats available' message instead.

Thanks a lot !!
filu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 03:50:04 pm »

Hello,

Sorry for refreshing the old topic, but the system seems not to work. For any travel date with Praha-Budapest EN 477 the system says there are no seats available. Beds and couchettes work. High price for seats from Praha Holesovice (but not Praha Hl Nad) as well. Can you confirm/give me a solution?

Filip.
tUt
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:08 pm »

Sorry for refreshing the old topic
It's ok, always good to come back to the old topics and actually update them or answer new questions ;)

For any travel date with Praha-Budapest EN 477 the system says there are no seats available. Beds and couchettes work. High price for seats from Praha Holesovice (but not Praha Hl Nad) as well. Can you confirm/give me a solution?
Problem here is that seating carriage Prague Hl.n - Budapest this year runs with "Metropol" only from June 13 to September 13, so at the moment the only seating carriages in the train are Berlin-Budapest ones --> means only 29 euro (app. 810 CZK) tickets are sold. That is the reason why CD eShop shows "no seats" no matter which date you enter (for dates after mid June however it shouldn't be a problem to get 19 euro tickets once the sale opens)
Why system doesn't show 29 euro seats (Berlin-Budapest carriages) from Praha hl.n... well, it's already a different nuance. Apparently Czechs just had trouble/didn't want to insert two groups of carriages (Praha hl.n.-Bud. & Berlin-Bud.) from the main station, so decided to sell tickets for the later only from Holesovice
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines