Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:22:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  What is the best choice to travel from Oradea (Romania) to Moscow?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the best choice to travel from Oradea (Romania) to Moscow?  (Read 6260 times)
ghioane007

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

Hello,

Can you please let me know what is the best option to travel from Oradea (Romania) to Moscow? For now i found 2 options:

1. Oradea- Suceava- Moscow (train 60 "Bulgaria Express" - however, the arrival time in  Moscow does not suits my needs) Fare is 120 EUR return ticket + sleeper reservations;
2. Oradea- Debrecen- Moscow ( train 16 "Tissza" - Fares from Debrecen starting at 181 EUR return ticket + 28 EUR T3 sleeper/person/journey)

Can you please tell me if there are any cheaper solutions, other than tickets to the border and domestic ones? Is worth the CityStar Slovakia option worth considering?

Thank you in advance
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 12:17:56 am »

Is worth the CityStar Slovakia option worth considering?
It was reported that CityStar <1500km this year costs 114 euro, 2/3 reservation Bratislava-Moscow is 32 euro, so from Kosice or nearby it should be roughly 26-28 euro

1. Oradea- Suceava- Moscow (train 60 "Bulgaria Express" - however, the arrival time in  Moscow does not suits my needs)
Well, maybe easiest solution would be just get off in Kyiv, take a walk and then catch one of the overnight trains? Arrival would be in the morning and you'll lose not that much by buying two reservation (Suceava-Kyiv and Kyiv-Moscow) instead of one straight Suceava-Moscow.

Can you please tell me if there are any cheaper solutions, other than tickets to the border and domestic ones?
Without use of cheap Ukrainian domestic tickets it is hardly possible to travel cheaper. And even with such tickets you have to go with interstate UZ-RZD one and even for the third class (platskartnyj) it's more than 40 euro (one-way) from the border to Moscow, thus it all adds up to be quite expensive even with ticket break tricks. You want to travel only by train? If not, then probably cheapest option would be to catch WizzAir flight Budapest to Moscow (one way tickets start from only 7790 HUF or app. 25 euro). Oradea to Budapest, as you probably know yourself, is very easy and pretty cheap
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines