Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:43:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  No sleeper / couchette on Budapest to Belgrade train?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No sleeper / couchette on Budapest to Belgrade train?  (Read 7638 times)
AlexWB

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:42:05 pm »

Hi - I'm going to take this train in two weeks (for about the 10th time :)  ...) but the 'real' compositions on vagonweb.cz are showing that it has run without a sleeper or a couchette.

Any idea if this is normal, or to be expected for the end of April?

Is it possible to buy a 1st class special ticket for this train? It's the next best thing I suppose...
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:27:29 pm »

...but the 'real' compositions on vagonweb.cz are showing that it has run without a sleeper or a couchette.
Well, "real" composition dates Thu 6.2. / Fri 7.2.2014, it was quite long time ago. Maybe then there was some reason why carriages were missing, but as of now MAV website easily allows to purchase ticket+reservation  sleeper/couchette

So in this case we would recommend to trust official MAV website, hardly they would sell reservation so easily while knowing that there is no carriage(s) running

Is it possible to buy a 1st class special ticket for this train?
Since there is no "Belgrade Spezial" for 1st class, it's not sold online. But at the station it won't be a problem to buy such ticket (fare should be 42,7 € one-way or 48,8 € return)
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
AlexWB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »

Thanks for info!

BTW, what's that 12 euro ticket you've shown? I thought the special was for 15 euro single, and this was the cheapest.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:34 pm »

BTW, what's that 12 euro ticket you've shown? I thought the special was for 15 euro single, and this was the cheapest.
It is not the ticket, it's T3 (2/3) sleeper reservation cost - carriage #425, berth #21. Ticket price listed at the top and it is indeed 15 euro (standard 'Belgrade Special')
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines