Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:51:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Travel plans, routes and timetables  |  Croatia (Novalja) - Serbia (Belgrade), the best option
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Croatia (Novalja) - Serbia (Belgrade), the best option  (Read 7482 times)
Stjärna

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:18:34 am »

Dear team! A friend of mine (He is 22 yo, in case of student discounts) needs your help with the Croatia - Serbia connections this summer (departure date 22.07.2010). He wants to travel from Novalja to Belgrade preferably with the cheapest and fastest solution.

I suggested to take the bus Novalja - Zagreb 5:35 - 10:25 and continue by train to Belgrade at 10:58. Another option is to take the bus from Novalja to Gospic and continue by train to Zagreb and then to Belgrade. Unfortunately I have not found any local busses timetables. As well as I can not approximate the price of the whole journey. Thus I have 2 questions:

1. What are your suggestions about the optimal route Novalja - Belgrade?
2. How much might the journey cost (approx.)?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Mike.
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 02:17:53 am »

First of all, here is the link which is rather useful for Croatia bus rides - http://www.autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/timetable.aspx
Bus rides isn't that cheap in Croatia, so traveling by bus to Zagreb would be more expensive then by train, where you get 25% with ISIC. On the contrary - it's not that easy to get to the closest train station.

With Zagreb-Belgrade everything is relatively easy - regular train ticket Zagreb-Belgrade cost app. 30 euro, but you can save some money (like 8-10 euro) if you travel on a domestic HZ ticket till last Croatia station Tovarnik, Tovarnik-Sid with international ticket (or even without it), then domestic ticket Sid-Beograd.

There are also buses from Zadar to Belgrade, takes a little bit more than 10 hours, fare around 300 kuna
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:29:18 am by tUt » Logged
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Stjärna

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:42:43 pm »

Thank you for the information, tUt! I will check it out and ask more questions in case I have them.

Regards,
Mike.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines