Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:51:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  Singapore to Kuala Lumpur
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Singapore to Kuala Lumpur  (Read 6892 times)
Touring Aussies

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:32:19 am »

Hi,

Do you have any advice on travelling from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur.
All I have found out is you must start at Woodlands in Singapore and it is cheaper to buy on the Malaysian website.  But I am not able.

Thanks
tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:43:22 am »

Do you have any advice on travelling from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur.
All I have found out is you must start at Woodlands in Singapore and it is cheaper to buy on the Malaysian website.  But I am not able.
Well, Malaysia and Singapore aren't really in the area of our expertise, but from what we know trains between the two are run by Malaysian company KTM, so it is logical that train tickets should be purchased via company operator eTicket system
Regarding possibility to purchase, just now we did a trial registration and ticket purchase, everything went fine -->

So our advice: make sure you select the right stations, then necessarily choose the train and coach class before adding passengers, add passengers and choose the seat from the carriage scheme. After clicking "Continue" you'll see page were it's possible to review your ticket details and choose payment method
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
arrivans

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 02:33:27 pm »

If you start in SIN, you pay in SID, IF start in JB-MY- you pay MYR=thats less as half in € or other valuta.
Frankly-its also much easier to start in JB, as the new station is right beside the giant new customs/imigrasi terminal. The Woodlds halt (they have cut back tthe trains from the water side about 2 yrs ago.) is just before the internasional causeway and lacks easy access. Why the heck do you think thats impossible to go to JB?
UNless you are the archetipical UK-trainfreak (but then go to seat61=travel train at whatever the cost), anyone uses the JB stop.
Note that also nice+comfy and less ikspinsif not so comfy Bas ekspress run from JB to KUL about 2 or 3 per hour, incl some (about hourly) coming from SIN, close by downtown. And many more to other towns in MY, via/bypass KUL, all via PLUS-the motor=toll=way.
Take a local bus to JB from the KRANJI metrostop in SIN. You MUST have SID-coins for that. Also direct SJE-SIn-JB-ekspress. Get off at SIN-exitcontrol, keep tiket, use SAME comp. bus onward over causeway-repeat, get off, though you can use another bus into Larkin Terminal BAS.
Seat61 also explains the various possibilties of onlinebooking on KTMB=they all work fine, but you MUST print ticket immediately, as you do not get a later @mail.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines