Europe Trains Guide Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:52:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome
Forum Stats
2813 Posts in 516 Topics by 767 Members
Latest Member: Markbut
Home Help Search Login Register
Europe Trains Guide Forum  |  General discussion  |  Train fares and tariffs  |  DIRECT OVERNIGHT TRAIN BETWEEN BUDAPEST - KRAKOW & KRAKOW - PRAGUE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DIRECT OVERNIGHT TRAIN BETWEEN BUDAPEST - KRAKOW & KRAKOW - PRAGUE  (Read 6317 times)
MBRC

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »

Hello everyone,

Me and 4 friend are planning to take an overnight train between Budapest and Krakow & Krakow and Prague in April.
Since we are 5, we are thinking about a couchette for 6 or a bed for 3 + bed for 2..
I have done quite a lot of research but I'm still a bit confused.. specially concerning the trains being in fact direct or not, or where to buy the cheapest.
We definitely don't want to change trains overnight... or pay more when we don't need :S

I was wondering if someone could indicate me the best and cheapest links to book these trains? :)

Thank you so much in advance.
Bea

tUt
Administrator

View Profile EuropeTrainsGuide
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:57:28 pm »

...specially concerning the trains being in fact direct or not
Well, de-facto Budapest to Krakow overnight connection is served by through carriages, thus yes it's direct, but it's just couple carriages which actually get reattached from one train to another. For passengers these nuances aren't important, but still just makes sense to know that is is not a full scale train. Similar story with Krakow to Prague, it's also couple through carriages

I was wondering if someone could indicate me the best and cheapest links to book these trains?
In such cases official website of rail companies is the most reliable place to buy the tickets + for sure the cheapest, since rail companies (MAV & PKP) doesn't charge any extra fee. With Hungary (MAV) everything is very easy - just go to their website and buy the tickets you need (our website even has a step by step guide on how to do it). Discounted tickets Budapest-Krakow for 6 berth couchette start from only 39 euro per passenger, 3 bed sleepers from 45 euro. However remember since it's discounted tickets the number of it is limited per each departure, so it makes sense to buy it in advance (tickets sale starts 60 days in advance)
With Krakow to Prague everything is more complicated, since Polish Railways (PKP) doesn't yet sell tickets like Krakow-Prague online, so you can buy them only in Poland. If it's not an option for you, then there is always a number of agencies, which can serve as a intermediary, although they definitely will charge you extra and for sure not as reliable as actual rail companies running the trains
Get 10% off your next hotel stay and support our forum by utilizing our special Booking.com partner link when you make your next hotel booking!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines